And I say that the same way I would say, "whew, that was close!" Because without the following, life for me would be more like living in a dark and dirty closet with a peep hole.
So this Independence day let's celebrate the things that wouldn't be without American Inventors.
In no particular order...
1. Computers/Internet/email -- WHEW! Where would I be without this. I can't even think about it.
2. Diet Coke - I would be so dehydrated.
3. Toilet paper - (obviously)
4. Frozen foods - my family wouldn't eat their veggies without this.
5. Zippers - because buttons just take too long.
6. Air conditioning - I live in the south. Some days I'd give up all of the above just for this.
7. Sunscreen - Being partial vampire makes me like this stuff. Yay- I can come out in daylight. Boo- I turn into a tomato just when sitting next to a sunny window.
8. Dishwasher and Washing Machine - duh.
9. Denim jeans - I thank you Levi, 4 or 5 times a week.
10. Airplanes - without which I couldn't take my vacation that's coming up. Ahhhhh!
Ok, off to eat some burgers and dogs! Happy 4th! Wouldn't want to live anywhere else!