Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mess or Impressed: A Stick Vac!

This really sucks! Truly.



A friend told me about this as I was bragging about how much I liked my new Swiffer Vac. She said she loved her stick vac and I'd have to try it next time I was at her house. So I did.

And that was the end of me.

This thing is so awesome it made the Swiffer Vac look like broom with a suction straw taped to it.

Anyway... It's called the Electrolux Ergorapido! It's sleek and well made and can do wonders on hardwoods and even get your area rugs, which is something Swiffer refused. It turns on a dime, has a great rubber gripy thing, and it's even fun to empty with a little spring you get to pop to make the dust fall off.



My hair is falling out like I'm going bald and it's everywhere. I haven't had a haircut since 1983 it seems, so it's long too. The Ergo has no problem with it at all. Admittedly, I haven't taken it upstairs to the bathroom where it's nice and fuzzy after a blow dry, but I'm not sure I want to subject it to that anyway.

My friends husband said he stepped on the Cheerios that were on the floor in order to make it "easier" for the Ergo to pick it up! Ha! I don't think that's necessary, but I thought it was kinda funny.

Another cool feature is that it has a pop out hand-held vac! I mean is that cool or what? Just pop it out, add one of the included attachments and it will make sucking the raisins from under the couch cushions a breeze.



It also glows a pretty blue when its sitting on it's charger. Its small and easy to tuck away, and so simple to just run and get it when you've spilled a little sugar on the floor.



But there is a downside. It's orange. I hate orange. I'm even in the "I hate orange" facebook group. I'm a Bama girl, and we Bama girls like red and hate all things orange. To make things worse it glows blue. Paired with the orange vac...you now have the worst offense.

I justified it though. What other purpose would something that is orange and blue have but to suck up dirt?? Now I feel better.

The Electrolux Ergorapido will run you about $99 at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and I think they have them at Costco. But... If you go to Amazon.com you can get it for $89 plus free shipping and no tax! That's huge!

Verdict: IMPRESSED! (as in, you need this now)

Ok, I'm off to find something to vacuum. The boys are awake now, it shouldn't take long.

Enjoy!

Cody

3 comments:

  1. I looove mine. I actually bought it a little over 6 months ago and use it all the time; I have a dyson which is a pain in the butt to pull out, plug in, etc but the electrolux has become one of my fave tools. Good pick Cody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already love my other Electrolux appliances so I am ordering the stick vac today. Your comments sold me... :) I agree it is unfortunate about the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Cody!! The photos are great, and it is nice to hear it does what it says it will. I know what you mean about hair everywhere. The other day I was cutting out hair from the brushes on my Dyson. It was so gross!

    xo M

    ReplyDelete