Saturday, June 19, 2010

I like sleep. A lot.

Every parent knows kids and sleep don't go together. But my kids have always been great sleepers until one day the oldest wasn't. Jonah came up with every excuse in the book to start padding down the hall and into our room very, very early. And I mean before the rooster crowed early. Long story short, I needed an answer and boy did I find one.

Wanna hear it? Here it goes...

The "Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock and Nightlight"

Isn't it beautiful?

It's a digital clock, it's a clock with hands, it's a night light, it's an alarm clock if you're into that sort of thing.

(nightlight mode)

But the most beautiful feature of this clock is that it let's you set it to a specific time for it to do this...


It turns GREEN. And green means "you may now wake up, my child" or, like in our house, it just means GO.

So say you don't want your sweet angel to get out of the bed or come out of his room before a certain time. You set the clock to that time and the blessed thing will turn green at your will. Silently of course, on the off chance your offspring decides to sleep in and give you an extra minute or two. (Hasn't happened for us yet, but a moms gotta dream, right?)

Now you may be asking yourself why it works? Why he won't come out anyway? Well, I really don't know. Maybe he's going to be a rule follower, maybe he thinks it's a fun game, but he does it. Every morning.

You can buy this online at Amazon.com or many other websites, (I have yet to see it in a store) for $39.99. You may think that sounds pricey for a clock and I agree, but compared to all the other useless kid/baby stuff that's out there (and I've bought) this was WELL worth it. Save up if you must, sign up for a clinical trial of some sort, donate plasma, but if you need sleep this is your answer.

Also, I have a new blog and a review of this miracle clock is on there in a little more detail. It's called "Mess or Impressed." It's a type of product/anything review blog that I started to keep myself entertained. Have a look if you'd like:


Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Later gators!

C.

3 comments:

  1. Brian says the feet look like boobs - his mind is in the gutter. But, I'm glad the clock does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered a similar clock for Hannah but we haven't started using it. I'm praying it gets us an extra 1/2 hour of sleep! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be getting one (or two) of those immediately.

    ReplyDelete