Monday, May 17, 2010

Carter's one!

A few weeks ago, my baby, my angel, my newborn turned one. How did that happen? I'm still trying to figure it out and how to make it stop.

Here's a few highlights from the big day, and the big party.



Carter and I went to Build-A-Bear. And made the thing we will lose sleep over wondering "what will we ever do if we lose that thing!" Jonah and I did the same thing the day he turned one. His is a monkey named Sonny for Sunnyvale, where he lived when he was born. Carter picked a doggie and we named it "Charlie" since the earth would split if he had something named Charlotte. Or so I'm told.

Later that night we enjoyed soccer ball chocolate cake. He loved it.



He was very serious about it. Takes after his mama.



The Big Party was a huge hit for all. There was a water table, a bouncy house, balloons and more cake! Here are some highlights...

If you haven't picked up on it yet, my little guy has a thing for all things round. Namely balls.

Hence the cupcakes...



Carter ate his little baseball cupcake with a passion like I have never seen before. The man was nursing the icing off this cake with both hands. Ironically he didn't get a drop on his shirt.



Needless to say, every meal I have served him since this day I can see the disappointment in his face when he isn't served a cupcake.


We called Youtube to come out and film how the whole thing went down, if you care to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMl5dnIEPuU


Happy Birthday, Squirt.

Later Gators...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad you joined the blogging world. It is so much fun! That cake looks so good! I can't believe how big the boys are getting. It seems like yesterday Jonah was a little baby.

    Can't wait to follow the adventures.

    :) Marcie

    ReplyDelete